Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spinach Hummus

Spinach Hummus
(2 cups prepared)


  • 1--15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 5 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 2 Tbsp fat free cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground paprika
  • 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash lemon pepper

In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except for the feta cheese. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place the mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the feta cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. 


Don't forget the Triscuits (they are Scrum-diddly-umptious)!  I'm having a hard time putting them down and even typing this up with one hand so that I can finish off the bag of Triscuts with the other :)


This week, I'd like to introduce a viewer challenge...





...that was sent to me by email this week:

"Samantha,
I have a cooking challenge for you.  As a lover of Ravioli I am wondering if you can make a healthier cheese ravioli that also tastes good.  I hope this does not require you to make your own pasta, but perhaps you could figure out some creative way around that too?  I look forward to seeing what you come up with."


I'll see what I can do.  Hopefully, I can get this recipe a-cookin' and have it up for all to enjoy soon.  If you would like to commission a challenge, send me an email at samwilliams929@gmail.com

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. so . . . WHAT did Brandon think of this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon has tried my hummus before, so he thought it was better if he didn't review it. He really likes the hummus.

    ReplyDelete