Thursday, September 1, 2011

Italian Caesar Salad

Italian Caesar Salad






  • 1 can chickpeas, drained
  • 1/4 c. fat free Italian dressing
  • bag of romaine lettuce
  • 1/4 c. white onion, chopped finely
  • 4.25 oz can black olives
  • 1/4 c. reduced fat parmesan cheese
  • dash of pepper
  • 1 c. croutons 
1. In a medium size container, combine the chickpeas and Italian dressing. You will marinate the chickpeas for 10 hours. Once the marinating is done, cook in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes.

2. In a large mixing bowl, add lettuce and all remaining ingredients. Stir up all ingredients with clean hands or forks. Serve with Lite Caesar dressing or your favorite dressing.

Side note: I made my own croutons. It's super easy and it's also nice to get rid of bread that might be growing mold soon. I preheat the oven to broil. Cut the 3 slices of bread in cubes and dip each crouton in olive oil (I add a few dashes on pepper and garlic salt). Bake on broil for about 10 minutes. You will have to stay nearby, because the croutons can burn quickly.


We crossed a new bridge in The Great Cooking Objective today--Brandon ate a white onion.  He didn't notice it at first because the lettuce was so crispy anyway.  Half way through the salad, he figured out my little trick and asked, "Are there onions in here?"  I hesitated.  I was feeling another "bug" reference coming.  I nodded my head and he shrugged he shoulders and said, "Hmm, it's pretty good.  It adds a lot to the salad." 

Yes, you read correctly...he actually liked it!?  Both of us were shocked.  Anyway, in other news...



Just in case you didn't know, September has arrived. It's time for pumpkins and apples dishes.



 But ya know, I'm not really all that excited about fall (SARCASM)

 What's your favorite thing about fall?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing about fall is not sweating as much. And being able to sit outside and enjoy watching the leaves change and fall.

    ReplyDelete