Friday, February 18, 2011

Five Cheese White Pizza

Five Cheese White Pizza
with Mushroom and Onion sauce

I have to go ahead and admit that I was pretty sneaky with Brandon on this recipe. He kept asking me what was in the pizza before he tested it and I'm proud to say that I didn't reveal any of my secrets.  You know what, cooks and magicians are a lot alike!



Sauce:
  • 1 small yellow onion
  • 6 white mushrooms (whole)
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Pizza:
  • 11 oz. refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
  • 2 C. shredded mozzarella
  • 1 C. crumbled feta cheese
  • 3 Tbsp cream cheese
  • 2 Tbsp ricotta cheese
  • a dash of parmesan cheese


1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a food processor, combine the onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Puree until a thick sauce forms.
3. Roll pizza dough onto greased pizza stone or pan. Spread the mushroom and onion sauce on the dough (just like you would with tomato sauce).
4.Bake at 400°F for 7 minutes.  By cooking the sauce first on the dough it will allow the flavor to really come alive.











5. Remove the pizza from oven and spread the ricotta cheese and cream cheese. The cheese will melt pretty easily and that will make it almost effortless to spread on top of the mushroom and onion sauce. Then, sprinkle the mozzarella and feta and before placing the pizza back into the oven, top it off with a sprinkle of Parmesan and black pepper.
6. Bake for another 9 minutes until the crust is golden.
7. Cut the pizza into eight slices and I bet your mouth will already be watering for the first bite!



Brandon's Review:


 He forgot to add that he gives this meal 8.5 disgusting, loud and cheese filled smacks (1 being the worst and 10 being the best and really annoying).

Oh and by the way we made a huge high-five sugar cookie over the weekend too.  Here are some of the pictures.




Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I think I heard 9 Smacks....not sure I kind of lost count.....but 8.5 is close enough. Angie make this pizza......oh your not here : ( But I will see ya soon and Sam & Brandon too.....Yeah....I will have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete